Emily’s Entourage is looking for a full time (40 hours per week) Marketing and Program Coordinator to help plan and manage marketing/communications, special projects and volunteers, and operations for this rapidly growing nonprofit.
Emily’s Entourage is an innovative 501(c)3 that fast tracks research for new treatments and a cure for rare nonsense mutations of Cystic Fibrosis. Founded by Emily Kramer-Golinkoff, her family and friends, Emily’s Entourage is fueled by powerful communities, small and large, in person and virtual, that have rallied together, raising over $3 million since 2011 to drive high-impact research and groundbreaking collaboration.
While the urgency of the foundation is inspired by Emily’s advanced stage disease, the work of Emily’s Entourage gives impetus to advances that can benefit not only patients with Cystic Fibrosis, but approximately 12% of all patients with genetic diseases that are similarly caused by nonsense mutations, amounting to roughly 30 million people worldwide.
Named a White House “Champion of Change” for Precision Medicine, Emily’s Entourage has been featured on CNN.com, Time.com, People.com, AOL.com, CBS’s The Doctors, Yahoo Health and many other national and local media outlets for its disruptive approach to accelerating breakthroughs and Emily’s inspiring story.
Candidates for this position should be passionate, organized, and draw energy from working hard and producing spectacular, impactful outcomes. They must have strong writing skills as well as demonstrated organizational and project management experience. Working closely with the founders as well as the organization’s advisors, board, committee heads and large network of volunteers, the Coordinator will facilitate and implement program and marketing initiatives for Emily’s Entourage, while helping to manage day-to-day operations. The coordinator will also serve as the point person managing outside vendors and collaborators.
In this role, the Coordinator will bring his or her creativity, organizing prowess, service orientation and highly motivated drive to get things done with attention to detail and excellence. Ideal candidates will have a high sense of urgency and operate in a proactive, results oriented, and sensitive manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Marketing and Communications
- Oversee monthly editorial calendar, including social media schedule and strategy
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and more) in collaboration with volunteers
- Oversee volunteer social media contributors and content, including assigning, editing and publishing content
- Design and lead social media strategy for campaign and appeals
- Oversee monthly blog schedule and strategy
- Write, format and publish blog posts
- Oversee volunteer blog contributors, ensuring high quality content is submitted and posted on time and aligns with the organization’s messaging
- Update EE profile pictures and cover photos
- Oversee website design and updates, including creating new website pages and updating homepage content regularly (photos, videos, copy, links, etc)
- Oversee web production team
- Format and send monthly newsletter to VIP Insiders and quarterly newsletters to 6000+ contacts
- Create graphics for social media and website, swag, events, and marketing and communication collateral
- Schedule, plan and organize community events
- Project and Volunteer Management
- Lead projects to ensure they meet timing and quality milestones, deadlines and outcomes
- Oversee volunteers working on special projects
- Maintain regular communication with key volunteers and committee heads
- Develop, implement and oversee best practices and workflow for volunteers and projects
- Schedule and manage meetings and calendar for committees and large groups
- Assist with scheduling, management of calendars, and travel arrangements for founders
- Plan and manage logistics for scientific meetings and events
- Schedule, plan and organize community events
- Vet and manage vendor relationships
- Create and manage peer to peer fundraising
- Design branding pieces for EE
- Use online database management system (Bloomerang) to design and send electronic communication, update mailing lists, and create reports as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or English
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing and project management required; healthcare preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience writing and editing blog posts, creating engaging social media content, designing newsletters and other marketing content
- Curious, independent self-starter
- Collaborative, adaptive and roll-up-your sleeves work style
- Organized and able to balance multiple projects and responsibilities
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and able to anticipate needs and provide creative workarounds to challenges
- Knowledge and previous experience with WordPress and email marketing platforms
- Basic graphic design skills and working knowledge of PhotoShop, InDesign or Illustrator
- Mastery of Google Drive
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with meticulous attention to detail
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emily’s Entourage provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.