During Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Awareness Month, we come together as a community to spread awareness, share personal stories, and unite behind a common mission to speed breakthroughs and a cure for all people with CF.
Drawing on the concept of “lines” from EE’s “The Magic Line” year-end campaign, our theme for the month is “Cross Out CF.” We will celebrate the “lifelines” that connect and strengthen us, especially in life with CF, and also underscore our shared, urgent mission to eliminate CF from the universe!
The concept of “lifelines” has taken on heightened importance over the past year as the pandemic has kept people physically apart, and yet reminded us all of the essentialness and transcendence of connection. The experience of living in quarantine has taught us to find new ways to stay connected, persevere, and push for breakthroughs for 100% of the CF community.
So here is to connections and support. Here is to forward motion and crossing the ultimate finish line. This month, all lines lead to fast breakthroughs and cures so we can #CrossOutCF for 100% of the CF community with nobody left behind.
Here is how you can join us.
LET’S GET SOCIAL
All month long, we will be sharing personal reflections from the CF community, CF facts-of-the-day, EE throwback memories, and introducing you to amazing CF scientists and Entourage members through photos, videos, quotes, and more! The content will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and our blog. Make sure to follow along daily and use the hashtag #CrossOutCF in your own posts!
DONATE YOUR ZOOM BACKGROUND
Perhaps no platform has kept us connected over the past year more than Zoom. At this point, we could all use a new and exciting background for our calls. So make it a background that raises awareness for CF and gets us closer to our goal to #crossoutcf!
Add a custom Zoom background for all of your virtual plans:
- Download the “Cross Out CF” background here
- While logged into Zoom, click the ^ next to “Start Video”
- Click “Choose Virtual Background”
- Click the + to add a new background image
- Click “Add Image” and then select the “Cross Out CF” image
- Uncheck “Mirror my Video” to make sure the image is not backwards
DONATE YOUR FACEBOOK
There are two ways you can turn your Facebook page into a powerful billboard in support of CF Awareness Month:
1. Add a temporary EE frame to your Facebook profile photo
- Go to your Facebook profile picture and click the “Update” camera button.
- Choose “Add Frame.”
- Search for the “2021 EE CF Awareness Month” frame (Cross Out CF), select it, and click “Use as Profile Picture”
2. Change your Facebook cover photo for the month of May
- Download the “Cross Out CF” cover photo here
- Press and hold the image until you see the option “Save Image”
- Once the image is saved to your camera roll, go to your Facebook page
- Click on the “Edit” button on your current cover photo, then choose “Upload Photo”
- Choose the “Cross Out CF” image saved to your camera roll, drag to fit, and press “Save”
- Click on the “Cross Out CF” cover photo on the EE Facebook page
- Double click the image and select “Save Image As”
- Once the image is saved to your computer, go to your Facebook page
- Click on “Update Cover Photo” in the upper left corner, then choose “Upload Photo”
- Choose the “Cross Out CF” cover photo saved to your computer, drag to fit, and press “Save Changes”
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND REGISTER
Join EE for the 6th Annual EENY, “The Magic Line: Drawing A Future Without CF,” which is being held virtually on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 8PM ET/7PM CT/5PM PT. This year’s theme, “Drawing a Future Without CF,” expands on the concept of lines and reminds us of our power to create the world we dream of––a world without CF. The evening features an interview with Emily Kramer-Golinkoff and Rebecca Jarvis, ABC News Chief Business, Technology & Economics Correspondent, celebrity host Erin Foster, musical performances, voices from the CF community, and more.
Registration is free, but required in advance. To register, become a sponsor, or make a donation, please click here.
THANK YOU TO OUR CF AWARENESS MONTH SPONSORS
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Emily’s Entourage is extremely proud and grateful to all corporate sponsors who have joined in taking part in this important movement spreading awareness for Cystic Fibrosis, the achievements towards a cure, and especially the work that still needs to be done for the final 10%. EE hopes you are inspired to take part in our efforts, bringing us closer to the day when 100% of the CF population can breathe easier.