Happy May! This is an especially important month because May is National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month. CF only affects 30,000 people in the US, which means that many people haven’t even heard of CF before. This month is an opportunity to educate our friends and about CF- what it is, what it involves, what the long-term implications are and why we need a cure ASAP.
In an effort to raise awareness and buzz, we’re posting daily CF facts, stories, news, inspiration and photos on Twitter all month long. Follow us at @EmsEntourage4CF to join in the conversation!
In addition, we are asking you to help us spread the word about CF. Here are some ways you can help:
- Make a donation to Emily’s Entourage
- Purchase an Emily’s Entourage t-shirt
- Organize a fundraiser for EE in your community or at your college
- Post a message on Facebook or Twitter to raise awareness about CF
- Sample Facebook Post:
- There are 30,000 people with Cystic Fibrosis in the US and 10 million carriers of the CF gene. In honor of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month in May, see what you can do to help make a difference in the fight against CF.http://bit.ly/EmsEnt
- Sample Twitter Post:
- Avg life expectancy in US: 80 yrs. Avg life expectancy for ppl w/CF: mid30s. WE NEED A CURE. STAT. http://bit.ly/E
- May is #CFAwarenessMonth! Did you know 10 mill Americans are carriers of the #CysticFibrosis gene? http://bit.ly/EmsEnt
- Despite advances in genetic screening, 1000 new cases of
#CysticFibrosis are diagnosed each yr http://bit.ly/EmsEnt #CFAwarenessMonth
As always, thank you for your unbelievable support! By spreading awareness, we can make a difference in the fight against CF.