May is Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Awareness Month, a time for the entire CF community to come together to advocate, spread awareness, share personal stories, and unite behind the mission of accelerating breakthroughs and a cure for all people with CF. Last year, we asked the community to “Cross Out CF” with us. This continues to serve as our rallying cry, to come together in a show of strength and conviction to put an end to CF once and for all.
“Cross Out CF” is about saying “no more” to all the cruel realities of cystic fibrosis. Cross out hours of medical treatments. Cross out coughing. Cross out hospitalizations. Cross out fear. Cross out isolation. Cross out pain. Cross out feeling like a burden to the people we love. Cross out missing out on important things.
Instead, let’s replace all the things CF has taken from us with the things we care about most. Hope. Community solidarity. More research. Innovation. And fast breakthroughs for 100% of the CF community, nobody left behind.
We heard — and will be sharing with you — stories from all corners of the CF community expressing the impact that CF has had on friends, families, and especially the people living day in and day out with this disease. There’s the college student with CF, desperate for a normal life. A parent who wishes for his son to get the care he needs and deserves. A sister who can only stand by and watch as CF hurts someone she loves deeply.
Enough is enough. The time for bold, swift action is now — and it’s up to all of us.
Get Social With Us!
Throughout May, we will be amplifying voices from across the CF community, including sharing first-hand experiences of people with CF and their families and introducing you to the dedicated scientists working tirelessly to develop fast breakthroughs and a cure.
We will also be posting daily CF facts, inspirational photos, videos, and quotes, and of course, continuing to keep you up-to-date on all the tremendous work that EE is doing to accelerate CF research. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and our blog — and if you haven’t already, please subscribe to our e-newsletter. You can join the conversation using the hashtag #CrossOutCF!
Tell Your Zoom Friends
Even with the world beginning to reopen after a long two years, Zoom meetings are here to stay. Why not use your precious Zoom background real estate to help support the CF community? Add the official #CrossOutCF Zoom background to your calls to help raise awareness all month long.
Add a custom Zoom background for all your upcoming virtual gatherings:
- Download the “Cross Out CF” background above by right-clicking on the image and saving it to your computer
- While logged into Zoom, click the arrow (^) next to Start Video
- Click “Choose Virtual Background”
- Click the plus sign (+) to add a new background image
- Click “Add Image” and then select the “Cross Out CF” image from your computer
- Uncheck “mirror my video” to make sure the image is not backward
Tell Your Facebook Friends
Turn your Facebook page into a powerful digital billboard in support of CF Awareness Month by changing your Facebook cover photo or adding a temporary frame to your profile photo (or both)!
Change your Facebook cover photo for the month of May:
- Go to the “Cross Out CF” cover photo above
- Press and hold the image until you see the option “Save Image”
- Once the image is saved to your camera roll, go to your Facebook page
- Click on the “Edit” button on your current cover photo, then choose “Upload Photo”
- Choose the “Cross Out CF” image saved to your camera roll, drag to fit, and press “Save”
- Click on the “Cross Out CF” cover photo above or on the EE Facebook page
- Right-click the image and select “Save Image As”
- Once the image is saved to your computer, head to your Facebook page
- Click on “Update Cover Photo” in the upper left corner, then choose “Upload Photo”
- Choose the “Cross Out CF” cover photo saved to your computer, drag to fit, and press “Save Changes”
Add a temporary EE frame to your Facebook profile photo
Visit our Twibbon page and follow the instructions to add the Cross Out CF frame to your profile photo.
Thank You to Our CF Awareness Month Sponsors
We want to thank our generous 2022 Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month campaign sponsors! Our efforts to cross out CF for 100% of the CF community are only possible because of the support of our devoted corporate sponsors.