While days seem to blend together lately and time somehow feels both infinitely short and long, there is one thing we know for sure. May is Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Awareness Month, and we will not let this time pass us by without shouting from the rooftops and spreading the word far and wide in our urgent quest to #SendCFtoSea.
Why? Because the CF story is simply too compelling, the progress too mind-boggling, the urgency too tantalizing, and most of all, because the people whose lives hang in the balance, their lives are too precious. They deserve better and it is up to us to get there, to achieve a future where we can all, 100% of the CF community, finally breathe easier—nobody left behind.
This month is an ode to the CF community—a celebration of their remarkable achievements, spirit and resilience, and a sobering reminder of why (and for whom) we are working tirelessly hard.
So, buckle up because we have a wild (boat) ride ahead this May. Here is how you can hop aboard.
LET’S GET SOCIAL
Think gripping and heartfelt stories from the CF community, CF facts-of-the-day, throwback memories from EE history, an inside peek at rockstar CF scientists and researchers, powerful beacons of hope that have helped guide EE along the way, and more. The content will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, here on our blog, and LinkedIn. All. Month. Long. Make sure you are following along!
DONATE YOUR ZOOM BACKGROUND
With everyone on stay at home orders, Zoom is the place to be these days! What could better than to use it for raising awareness about CF?
Add a custom Zoom background for all of your virtual plans:
- Download the “Send CF to Sea” background here.
- In Zoom, click the ^ next to Start Video
- Click “Choose Virtual Background:
- Click the + to add a new background image
- Click “Add Image” and then select the “Send CF to Sea” Image
- Make sure to uncheck “mirror my video” to make sure the image is not backwards.
DONATE YOUR FACEBOOK
Your Facebook page is prime real estate right now. There are two ways you can turn your Facebook into a powerful billboard:
Change your Facebook cover photo for the month of May
- Go to the “Send CF to Sea” cover photo showcased at the start of this blog post.
- Press and hold the image until you see the option “Save Image.”
- Once the image is saved to your camera roll, go to your Facebook Page.
- Click on the “Edit” button on your current cover photo, then choose “Upload Photo.”
- Choose the “Send CF to Sea” image saved to your camera roll, drag to fit, and press “Save.”
- Click on the “Send CF to Sea” cover photo on the EE Facebook page.
- Double click the image and select “Save Image As…”
- Once the image is saved to your computer, head to your Facebook page.
- Click on “Update Cover Photo” in the upper left corner, then choose “Upload Photo…”
- Choose the “Send CF to Sea” cover photo saved to your computer, drag to fit, and press “Save Changes.”
Add a temporary EE frame to your Facebook profile photo
- Go to your Facebook profile picture and click the “Update” camera button.
- Choose “Add Frame.”
- Search for the “2020 EE CF Awareness Month” frame (with the lighthouse!) and select.
MARK YOUR BUSY SOCIAL CALENDARS
CF Awareness Month culminates with a first-of-its-kind event where EE goes live, virtual and global with EENY: LIVE!, a reimagined virtual experience for a global Entourage, on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 8PM ET/7PM CT/5PM PT. Converted from our annual EENY event in light of COVID-19, EENY: LIVE! will foster community, connection and hope at a time when the world needs it most.
The best part? Actually, there are two. First, registration is free. And second, this virtual format allows those with CF to attend an EE event for the first time without cross infection concerns! Make sure to join the invite mailing list here!
Join us as we hoist the sails, follow the beacons of light, and send CF to sea, once and for all.
THANK YOU TO OUR CF AWARENESS MONTH SPONSORS
Emily’s Entourage is grateful to all corporate sponsors who have joined in taking part in this important campaign spreading awareness for Cystic Fibrosis, the breathtaking achievements to date, and the work that still urgently needs to be done for the final 10%. EE hopes you are inspired to take part in our efforts, bringing us closer to the day when 100% of the CF population can breathe easier.