Our very own Emily has qualified as a semifinalist in the “Health Hero Challenge” by Philadelphia Magazine. And the best news? It’s up to US to win this prestigious honor – and $7,500 (plus a feature in Philadelphia Magazine!) for Emily’s Entourage.
Here’s How to Vote for Emily:
- Cast your vote – http://www.phillymag.com/healthhero/
- Repeat your vote daily for a week – You can submit a vote everyday until the challenge ends on Tues, Oct. 12! That’s 6 extra votes just from you. You can even set an alarm on your phone to help remind you.
PLEASE VOTE EVERYDAY IF POSSIBLE!!! Please note, only one vote allowed per day.
Next tap into your circles and ask for votes!
- Send this blog with friends, family, colleagues – Send it to list-serves for work, community groups, religious
groups, you name it! Click here to forward
- Share on Facebook – Follow the below instructions to share our Facebook post on your page:
1) Go to the Emily’s Entourage Facebook Page
2) Scroll to the Health Hero post (posted on Oct. 6)
3) Click LIKE
4) Click SHARE, select “on your own timeline,” and click SHARE LINK on the bottom right
- Post on Twitter – Visit our Twitter page and retweet a Health Hero post
- Regram our Instagram post – Share our Health Hero instagram post on your account
Together let’s show Philadelphia the power of our Entourage!
As a finalist in the Health Hero Challenge, Emily will have the opportunity to compete for votes to win $7,500 for Emily’s Entourage. Emily’s Entourage could use the prize money to advance its research
program for nonsense CF mutations. Here are some examples of recent activities:
- Organized a Key Opinion Leader Meeting with leading scientists to discuss novel and fast approaches for development of CF therapeutics.
- Hosted a first-of-its-kind scientific symposium at Penn Medicine’s Orphan Disease Center, spurring new collaboration and paths of inquiry by leading CF minds from around the world to accelerate research for nonsense CF mutations
- Funded studies and donated millions of cells to advance research on nonsense mutations at top academic institutions, including University of California San Francisco, McGill University and University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Honored as a Precision Medicine “Champion of Change” by the White House for the trailblazing work of Emily’s Entourage
Vote today, vote tomorrow, vote every single day if you can. If there’s any group that can pull this off, it’s our almighty Entourage!
LET’S WIN THIS THING!!!
***Heartfelt thank you to Somer Love of Love to Breathe for the amazing graphics!