Emily’s Entourage is proud to participate in recognizing the month of May as National CF Awareness Month. This is a great time for EE to work alongside the CF community to bring national attention to this devastating disease and the progress being made toward a cure and control.
We’re calling on all Entourage members to take action in honor of CF Awareness Month.
Here’s what YOU can do to help:
SPREAD THE WORD
Follow and participate in the EE Instagram campaign and share updates from the EE Facebook Page and Twitter accounts. With one quick click, your social media support helps grow the Entourage and the hope for a cure exponentially.
CHANGE YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE OR COVER PHOTO
A quick profile or cover photo update shows that you stand with EE in our goal to find a cure and put an end to this deadly disease. Simply go to the EE Facebook page, download the May CF Awareness profile or cover photo and then upload it on your account. We’ve included the cover photo below as well. Let’s show the FB community just how big our Entourage is!
CELEBRATE OUR CF WARRIORS
Emily’s Entourage is pleased to introduce a new batch of CF Warriors, who live with and overcome the enormous challenges CF presents while leading fulfilling, inspiring and impressive lives. Watch for these posts on Wednesdays and share their stories on your social media accounts to help celebrate and cheer on these truly inspirational members of the CF community.
While awareness is the focus of May, increased visibility this month is an important reminder that we need funds to accelerate the pace of CF research. Make a donation on EE’s website – or share the information within your network – to propel our quest for new treatments and a cure to save Emily and the 70,000 others affected by CF.
In addition to taking a stand against CF by promoting awareness this month, we are pleased to reflect on the great strides taken by EE this year and some extremely exciting things coming down the pike.
In the last year, thanks to your support as an Entourage member, EE has:
- Completed our 2014 annual fundraising campaign, which we kicked off with over 350 attendees at our “Evening with Emily’s Entourage” event. In total, the campaign raised nearly $300,000, bringing EE’s total fundraising to nearly $650,000 in less than 2.5 years.
- Expanded EE’s presence on college campuses with active chapters at Tulane University, University of Arizona and New York University, among others.
- Had Emily deliver powerful speeches at the University of Pennsylvania, Stanford University, Tulane University and local community events, as well as been featured on virtual chats hosted by HuffPost Live and TEDMED.
- Been featured in national press, including The Philadelphia Inquirer, Huffington Post (twice – once here, and then again here) and The Pennsylvania Gazette.
- Launched a tennis tournament and luncheon to help fund the search for a cure.
- Continued to receive incredible support from community groups, businesses, donors, and friends working tirelessly together until CF is cured or controlled
We’re pleased to share that, over the past few months, we’ve created a cell line with two copies of Emily’s rare genetic mutation of CF and distributed it to labs around the world. Our hope is that research on these cell lines will lead to new treatments and breakthroughs that will ultimately change the course of this disease for Emily and many others, particularly those with rare mutations of CF. We also expect to finalize some exciting new research developments very soon, so stay tuned!
Needless to say, it has been a year of tremendous progress for our Entourage, thanks to all of you. But we need a breakthrough for Emily and everyone like Emily – and we need it fast. Help us eradicate CF one step at a time – starting with awareness this month.
While Emily and everyone like her works tirelessly to fight against this devastating disease day in and day out, we are constantly reminded that CF is cruel and it is relentless. Let’s do our part to save Emily and everyone with CF by taking action today – Donate. Pass It On. Make a Difference.
That’s what wEE can do!
CF AWARENESS MONTH COVER PHOTO
CF AWARENESS MONTH PROFILE PIC