May is National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month and at Emily’s Entourage, we never go dark… we’ll be spreading awareness, information and fun like wildfire! If you’ve been around the Entourage for a while, you know we like a good celebration, and if it’s your first CF Awareness Month in EE world, welcome! We hope you are inspired to learn more and take action, all towards a singular goal: a cure for Emily and all those fighting CF alongside her.
In the grand tradition of CF Awareness Month, EE will be setting fire to our social media accounts in May to blanket the internet with CF facts, inspiration, stories and science on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! What will we be talking about? Here’s a tease of our upcoming daily hashtags:
What can you do? Simply share or like a post and you do your part to raise awareness and spread EE’s message. You never know who will be inspired by your clicks!
DONATE YOUR FACEBOOK
This year we’ve got not one but TWO ways for you to turn your Facebook into a shining billboard for CF awareness and EE’s work. Do it on May 1st for maximum impact!
First, you can change your cover photo for the month of May! Let’s show the Facebook world how big and unstoppable this Entourage really is!
- Click on the “Let’s Cure CF…Yesterday” cover photo. Then, if you’re on your phone, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select “Save Photo”. If you’re on your computer, click “Options” on the bottom right corner and select “Download.”
- Then, go to your Facebook profile and in the upper left corner, click on your photo (if you’re on a phone) or your name (if you’re on a computer).
- Click “Update Photo” in the top left of your current cover photo
- Select “Update Photo” (if you don’t currently have a cover photo, click Add Cover Photo)
- Upload the “Let’s Cure CF…Yesterday” cover photo and click “Save Changes”
Second, you can add a temporary EE frame to your Facebook profile photo with a few simple steps
- Change your profile picture here
- Select the EE CF Awareness Frame (you may have to search for it)
- Click “Use as Profile Picture” to save
WISE UP, RISE UP
At its heart, CF Awareness Month is about education. Knowing the details of this often invisible disease makes us all better equipped to fight it. Even EE veterans may learn something they didn’t know!
On our blog, we’ll be sharing stories from some of the rockstars behind the EE curtain, as well as some creative ways to get involved with EE this spring.
We’ll also be posting a Twitter fact-of-the-day—a quick hit of education about CF each and every day. Retweet and favorite away!
SAVE THE DATES
Mark your calendars! We’ve confirmed dates for both our stunning annual East Coast galas. To join the invite list, click on the event below.
RUN FOR THE CURE
Hit the pavement to hit back at CF! Help us celebrate #TeamEE as they race through the heart of Philadelphia on May 6th during the Broad Street Race. We are already recruiting for the Philadelphia Half/Full Marathon this upcoming November, and we want you!!! By joining #TeamEE you’ll help get EE one step closer to crossing the ultimate finish line — finding fast breakthroughs for nonsense mutations of Cystic Fibrosis! Join here!
SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Awareness is the singular goal of CF Awareness Month, but one byproduct of awareness is that it inspires action!! If you’re inspired, consider a donation, big or small, to help us accelerate breakthroughs and save lives. Checking the box for a monthly donation is another way to show your ongoing support in our tireless quest for a cure. You can make a donation here.