Exciting new CF drug approval!

Hi all,

We have some HUGE news to share with you that all of us at Emily’s Entourage are extremely excited about. Early this week, it was announced that the FDA approved a new drug, Kalydeco, which is the FIRST EVER drug to correct the underlying genetic problem in Cystic Fibrosis (CF). However, the drug will only help 4% of the CF population who have a certain genetic mutation (G551D). Unfortunately, the remaining 96% of people living with CF, including Emily, are still waiting for their life-saving treatment.

With this enormous news, we are reminded why all of our fundraising efforts are SO important. The money we raise funds life-altering research like this. This amazing discovery shows us that we are SO close, but we are not there yet. We must keep pushing and keep vigorously fundraising so Emily and everyone else with CF can benefit from a life-changing treatment too. You can help by making a donation and continuing to spread the Emily’s Entourage message.

From us all of at Emily’s Entourage, thank you for your continued support!

-Emily’s Entourage


Read the CFF press release: https://www.cff.org/News/News-Archive/2012/FDA-Approves-Kalydeco-(VX-770)-%E2%80%94-First-Drug-That-Targets-the-Underlying-Cause-of-Cystic-Fibrosis/

Leave a Reply

We will use this information to send you news and updates about Emily’s Entourage and provide opportunities to support our research.