The trek to the summit requires hard work, extensive training, and the collective efforts of many. Below are the elements of our month-long expedition.
Intimate portraits of people with CF highlighting the life-changing impact of recent medical breakthroughs and the urgency that remains for those that do not benefit, as well as other members of the Entourage.
A network of people raising critical funds and awareness by harnessing the power of the Entourage to fuel the expedition to the summit.
Special access to bid on exclusive items and experiences on Charitybuzz, a premier online auction site, to support the quest to conquer the final CF summit.
There are life-saving therapies available for 90% of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) community. For the remaining 10%, there is still nothing. Something as small and arbitrary as one’s genetic mutation can dictate which side of the line they find themselves—the side of improving or declining health, hope or no hope, life or death.
Watch these videos to find out which side of the line these members of the CF community find themselves on.
As those in the CF community know all too well, the future is not promised. Every day and every year are a gift to be cherished. EE is laser-focused on lengthening that timeline, giving everyone in the CF community the chance to grow old.
On January 12, 2021, EE held a Birthday Party and Campaign Gratitude event to celebrate Emily’s 36th birthday and express heartfelt appreciation for the Entourage’s campaign support and critical role in keeping the candles coming for the CF community. Hear a mother’s note from Liza Kramer, EE Co-Founder to Emily on her 36th birthday.
The Entourage is made up of a diverse group of passionate stakeholdersunited by a singular goal: speed life-saving breakthroughs and a cure forthe final 10% of the CF community, including those with nonsense mutations.
Hear in their words why they support EE.
“All of us who work with Emily’s Entourage are sparked by its energy and inspired by its mission. Emily, Liza and Michael have convened an astonishing array of lay, scientific and medical talent, and as a result Emily’s Entourage is driving research into treatments not just for CF but for other debilitating diseases.”Marta and Robert Adelson
Dream Team Sponsors
“EE brings together researchers offering us the opportunity to meet, share ideas, collaborate, and ultimately learn things together that would not have been possible alone. That, to me, is an amazing feature of EE.”Theo Moraes, MD, PhD
EE Grant Recipient
“Emily’s Entourage is so much more than a funding mechanism—it’s a revolution in the making, the ultimate manifestation of citizen-science, a moon-mission for our time, and a tremendously inspiring and powerful engine for disruptive innovation.”Martin D. Burke, MD, Phd
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
EE Grant Recipient
“Working with Emily’s Entourage stands out from other funding agencies due to their genuine, heightened interest in improving the lives of everyone with Cystic Fibrosis, which creates a beautiful collaboration proving that only together can we accelerate life-saving breakthroughs.”Benjamin K. Chan, PhD
EE Grant Recipient
“The Magic Line” is a month-long, multimedia campaign that replaces the 2020 Evening with Emily’s Entourage gala. The theme is inspired by a route to the top of K2, the last of the most elite, 8,000+ meter mountains to be summited in the winter. It is a metaphor for EE’s urgent mission to speed breakthroughs and a cure for the final 10% of the CF community without targeted therapies—the final summit of CF. The campaign serves as a powerful reminder that we can do, and achieve, hard things and often the toughest challenges end up being the most worthwhile.
Emily’s Entourage (EE) is an innovative 501(c)3 foundation that accelerates research for new treatments and a cure for nonsense mutations of Cystic Fibrosis (CF), a fatal genetic disease primarily affecting the lungs and digestive system. Since 2011, EE has awarded millions of dollars in research grants, launched a CF gene therapy company recently acquired by a large pharmaceutical company, and led worldwide efforts to drive high-impact research and drug development. The organization has been featured in national media, including The New York Times, STAT, CNN, People and more.