Emily’s Entourage is looking for an experienced executive assistant and office manager who is dynamic, passionate about achievement, and draws energy from working hard and doing a spectacular job.
In this role, the individual will bring his or her organizational prowess, expert attention to detail, service orientation and highly motivated drive to provide high quality administration and clerical assistance to the organization’s Co-Founders and other executive leadership as needed. Additionally, the Executive Assistant and Office Manager will provide critical administrative support to assist with marketing, event logistics, data entry, and sponsors.
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager should be an expert communicator over email, phone and video calls, and remain flexible to learn and adapt in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere.
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager will join a core team of six, including a full-time Marketing and Program Manager and Director of Operations; a part-time Digital Event and Campaign Manager, Development and Special Projects Officer, and two co-founders. Additionally, EE plans to hire a Chief Scientific Officer in Fall 2020. The Executive Assistant and Office Manager will report to the Director of Operations and the organization’s co-founders. The organization is based in Bala Cynwyd, PA but is currently virtual due to COVID-19. Local candidates preferred.
Emily’s Entourage is an innovative 501(c)3 that fast tracks research for new treatments and a cure for rare nonsense mutations of Cystic Fibrosis. Founded by Emily Kramer-Golinkoff with family and friends, Emily’s Entourage is fueled by powerful communities, small and large, in person and virtual, that have rallied together, raising millions since 2011 to drive high-impact research and groundbreaking collaboration.
While the urgency of the organization is inspired by Emily’s advanced stage disease, the work of Emily’s Entourage gives impetus to advances that can benefit not only patients with Cystic Fibrosis, but approximately 12% of all patients with genetic diseases that are similarly caused by nonsense mutations, amounting to roughly 30 million people worldwide.
Named a White House “Champion of Change” for Precision Medicine, Emily’s Entourage has been featured in the New York Times, STAT, theSkimm, CNN.com, Time.com, People.com, AOL.com, CBS’s The Doctors, Yahoo Health and many other national and local media outlets for its disruptive approach to accelerating breakthroughs and Emily’s inspiring story.
- Manage scheduling, calendars, meetings, calls, and travel arrangements for founders
- Schedule and manage meetings, calls, and calendar for committees and groups
- Prepare agendas, memos, letters, invoices, spreadsheets and presentations utilizing brand and style guidelines
- Triage phone calls, emails, form submissions, speaking inquiries, mail, and more
- Plan and manage logistics for scientific meetings, board meetings and fundraising events
- Maintain records and files of current and past projects, operations, and decisions
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables
- Order and manage office supplies, liaise with building management
- Financial assistance, including vendor on-boarding, collecting and filing documentation, and tracking and processing expenses and reimbursements
- Data entry and weekly maintenance of accurate database records
- Assist with projects and perform other duties and functions as requested
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong calendar management skills
- Strong computer and digital technology skills with expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive, Dropbox and the major social media platforms
- A/V expertise
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the co-founders to exceed their expectations
- Responsible, trustworthy and conscientious, with outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent follow through
- Gracious professionalism, service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Ambitious, self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently, willingness to do whatever it takes, and proven ability to succeed
- Results oriented with the ability to take charge when needed
- Ability and willingness to be flexible, adapt, and “wear many hats”
- Nonprofit experience is desirable, but not required
This is a part time position (20 hours per week).
Pay and Benefits
EE offers a competitive salary based on experience and prorated paid time off. This position is ineligible for health or retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should describe (a) previous relevant experience and (b) why the position is right at this stage in his/her career.
Emily’s Entourage provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.